Saturday, January 04, 2014

Book Review: Dragonwitch by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Lord Alistair has a terrible secret. Every night he is plagued with awful terrors and vicious nightmares. There is no way he can get married with the torments he faces, but yet that is exactly what is to happen. So Lady Leta arrives at the castle to get to know this prince to whom she is to be wed. But the nightmares are just the beginning of the strange happenings at the castle as all who live there are to find out. Wars that had been fought in hidden kingdoms are about to become very real to the inhabitants of the castle and the regions beyond. Prophecies and stories of old come true as battle must be waged against the dragonwitch!

I am not usually a big sci-fi fan, in books at least, but this seemed like the kind of book my husband would find interesting so I gave it a go. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it actually. This is not the first book in the Tales of Goldstone Wood, but I was able to follow the story very well without having read the others, but I imagine reading the others would give more depth to the tale. If you are into tales of other lands and worlds, I think you would very much enjoy this read.

Thank you to Bethany House publishers for a free copy of this book to review.

No comments: