Saturday, January 04, 2014

Book Review: Spiritual Warfare for Women by Leighann McCoy

LeighAnn McCoy focuses on areas in a woman's life that are often specifically attacked by Satan. Family, Friends and Church and how to deal with it in a Scriptural manner.

I will admit, I was a bit disappointed in this book but I can't exactly put my finger on why. I think it was not so much the content of the book as the writing style just wasn't my preference. Either way, it took my FOREVER to get through. I did like the "Sharpen your Sword" sections at the end of each chapter which just give the main thoughts of each chapter in a concise sentence with the Scripture backing it, as well as a challenge to commit something to memory. I wouldn't say don't read it, because I think she had some good things to say, just not in a way that is easy for me to read.

Thank you to Bethany House Publishers for a free copy of this book to review.

No comments: