Saturday, June 02, 2012

Book Review: The Ride of Her Life, by Lorna Seilstad

It's summer again at Lake Manawa, and this year, Lilly Hart is working hard to take care of herself and her son. She bravely stood up to her in-laws after her husband passed away, but now must fight to prove that she can take care of her family. But working as a cook does not meet her in-law's standards of what is proper for their only reminder of their son. When Nick Perrin comes to town to build a new roller coaster for the resort, he really wants to help Lilly and her son, but Lilly struggles to trust after her great loss. But he gradually starts to wear down her walls and take her on the ride of her life :-)

I was excited to see this book come up for review after reading the first two books in the series already. I think Seilstad does a great job of mixing history of the area, romance and usually a little twist or two. She also usually provides a spiritual lesson that the character is learning and I enjoy following their journey of faith. Once again, I think the cover is a little corny and if I wear to judge if I would read it based on the cover, I probably would have passed, but I'm glad I didn't because these books make great summe reads. Though I think this would be ok to read as a stand alone book, I think it would be worth your while to start at the beginning and follow all three girls through the books together.

Available May 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Thank you to Revell Publishers for a free copy of this book to review.


No comments: