Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Book Review: After a Fashion by Jen Turano

Every year, Harriet Peabody prays for something special to happen on her birthday. But this year it seems that God has forgotten about that prayer. In fact, on top of not having anything special happen, Harriet has had one of the worst days ever.
After an unfortunate incident with a client pretty much guarantees that Harriet will lose her job at the millenary, it seems she has no choice but to accept the strangest offer for a new job.

Oliver Addleshaw just needed a pretty woman to help him impress a client, but when that idea seems to have blown up in his face, he quickly scrambles to come up with plan B, and plan B looks an awful lot like Harriet Peabody.

Can a hat girl really convince the elite of New York that she is part of the upper crust, and will Oliver and Harriet's fake relationship develop into something deeper?

Seriously, I LOVED this story. In fact, I've already read it twice. There is really nothing I did not like about it. I love the time period, the fashion, the humor, the characters - it was such a great read. I loved Harriet's background and how it just keeps surprising and all the hilarious and dangerous situations she manages to find herself in. I really hope that there are follow up books about her room mates because it does seem like Turano set it up so that would happen. Two thumbs up from me! It's definietly going on my "keep" shelf.

A big thank you to Bethany House Publishing for a free copy of this book to review.

No comments: