Friday, March 12, 2010

Feed Me Books Friday!

Is it Friday again already? Wow this week flew by!

This week I am going to post my current favorite book to read with Eóin.

We're Going on a Bear Hunt!

We're Going on a Bear Hunt: Anniversary Edition of a Modern Classic


We're going on a bear hunt
We're going to catch a big one!
What a beautiful day
We're not scared!

This brave dad and his kids go on such a fun adventure as they go bear hunting together. Together they encounter all sorts of obstacles such as long grass, deep rivers and even snowstorms!

They Can't go over them
They can't go around them
Oh no! they've got to go through them!

These phrases are repeated throughout the book and it's fun to have Eóin say them with me. Then there are great sound effects to make for each of the things they come across: Grass goes "swishy swashy", Water goes "splash splosh" and mud goes "squelch squerch"

So much fun!!! My favorite part is the ending - but I won't spoil it for you - Will they find what they are looking for? You'll have to find out for yourself ;-)

You can get the book here at Amazon.com! We're Going on a Bear Hunt: Anniversary Edition of a Modern Classic

This post is linked to Feed Me Books Friday over at The adventure of Motherhood.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

What a fun book! :) I love the little rhyme - I have a feeling it'll be stuck in my head the rest of the day! :)

Janna said...

Oh my preschool teacher used to take us on bear hunts and we would act out everything. How fun to have a bk about it.

I hold bear hunts whenever I find myself in charge of some preschoolers. I love to pretend:)