Saturday, February 09, 2013

Book Review: 5 Days to a Clutter-Free House

Sandra Felton and Marsha Simms are the authors of this book designed to help even the messiest of messies find freedom from clutter in just 5 days. The book gives a very detailed plan for how to use a team method to quickly clear floors, counters and even inside cupboards and drawers from chaos. The first half of the book explains how to box up everything in sight, sending each item to the room where it belongs. By the end of 5 days you will have clear spaces. Then the second half of the book explains how to deal with the items in the boxes and how to keep your home from becoming cluttered again.

When I first ordered this book to review, I thought it was more of an organizational tip book. I generally do not deal with the amount of clutter that needs a team of people to clean up. My kitchen island tends to be a catch all for mail, school work etc... so I thought it might have ideas for keeping it clear. However, this book tends to deal with more extreme clutter. I am more of a tosser than a keep of things so it didn't really apply very much to my situation.

I did think it was easy to read, and thought that the ideas seem like a very reasonable and doable approach to someone dealing with an overwhelming mess. It is encouraging and helps you keep envisioning the end goal of a neat and tidy home. I thought it was a little repetitive at times, and maybe told one too many stories, but besides that, I would recommend it to someone dealing with this issue in their home.

Thank you to Revell Publishers for a free copy of this book to review.

Available February 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments: