Sunday, June 08, 2014

Book Review: A Woman of Fortune by Kellie Coates Gilbert

Claire Massey has it all. Married to a wealthy cattle broker on a large estate, everything she could possible imagine at her fingertips, a picture perfect family...almost.
Everything changes for Claire when her husband is arrested for fraud in front of everyone! She is at risk of losing everything, her homes, clothes, cars, even family. She must rally all the courage and strength she has to keep her family together and remember what is most important in this life.

So I will admit that when I signed up to review this book, I didn't read the description very well. I usually prefer historical novels to modern day. However, this book was pretty good. The main character is older than the characters in the stories I usually read and it provided a different viewpoint. It was also interesting to think about the effects of choices that people like Bernie Madoff made have on their family and the people around them.

Though it probably won't make it to my "read again" pile, it was a good story and I enjoyed reading it.



Thank you to Revell Publishers for a free copy of this book to review.

No comments: