Saturday, November 15, 2014

Book Review: A Sensible Arrangement by Tracie Peterson

Martie Olson is running away. Her past is filled with pain and memories of a dead husband that she loved so much but was taken too early. To escape the memories, she leaves her ranch and heads to Denver in answer to ad for a "Lone Star Bride."
Marriage to a banker seems safe and as far away from the dangers of ranching life that Marty can imagine, and since Jake Wythe is looking only for a "sensible arrangement" and not a match of love, Marty will not have to worry about replacing her first husband in her heart or facing the pain that so much love can bring.
But even banking can be filled with uncertainties of it's own. With missing money, strangers lurking and an economic collapse on the horizon, Marty and Jake's life of ease seems to be precarious. As their friendship grows and their hopes and dreams become known, Marty and Jake will have to decide just how sensible they want their arrangement to be.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story - so much that I read it twice. I really love reading about this time and I love when authors weave real events and history into the story line - it just adds so much depth to the tale. The characters were awesome and I love how Marty is introduced into Denver society and all that comes with it. It didn't even end how I thought it would which is new for me and a great bonus! Usually historical fiction is a bit predictable so I loved having a ending I was not expecting.

Thank you to Bethany House Publishing for a free a copy of this book to review.

No comments: