Today I read these verses in Psalm 103. They are very familiar, but as I took the time to reflect on each one individually, I was so refreshed, I thought I would share them on here too.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
- who forgives all your iniquity
- who heals all your diseases
- who redeems your life from the pit,
- who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy
- who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's
I love the picture of being crowned with steadfast love and mercy. No matter if it's a sweatpants and t-shirt, baby has been up all night and I haven't had time to shower in 2 days kind of morning, when I am CROWNED with such things, I'm a beauty queen, man!
Glad I took the time to forget not these things today :-)