Thursday, September 11, 2014

Book Review: Blind Trust by Sandra Orhchard

From the Back Cover:

Kate's not sure how deep this deception goes--but she'll do whatever it takes to find out.
Kate Adams had no idea she was carrying counterfeit money and can't believe that it came from her sweet elderly neighbor. Or that it has landed her in the middle of another of Detective Tom Parker's investigations. Determined to prove her neighbor's innocence, Kate stumbles into a pit of intrigue far deeper than a two-bit counterfeit operation--and one that strikes too close to home for comfort.

As family secrets come to light, her world--and her budding romance with Tom--begin to crumble. To Kate, it's clear that she won't be safe until she uncovers all of Port Aster's secrets. But then will it be too late for her and Tom?








This is the second book in the Port Astor secrets series and I had not read the first book before I started this one. I will say, there was so much background I felt I did not know, so the first thing I would recommend is that if you want to read this, go back and read the first in the series. Besides that, I thought the book was ok (probably due mostly to the fact I hadn't read the first one). It seems like Kate was almost involved in too many incidents to make it really believable. It took a while to get to the real plot, and what was really going on. I would probably read the third book just to see how everything ties together, but I probably won't put it on my "keeper" shelf.

Thank you to Revell Publishers for a free copy of this book to review.

No comments: