Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Book Review: Love's Fortune by Laura Franz

Love's Fortune finds us following the third generation of the Ballentyne line. Rowena "Wren" Ballentyne grand daughter to the wealthy and extremely successful Silas Ballantyne has been sheltered away in the Kentucky hills since birth. She has lived a simple and peaceful life, only knowing her rich relatives by name. But her life is turned on end when her father is summoned back to his family.
Suddenly, simple "Wren" must become the lady Rowena and do it quickly. As Wren is ensconced with rules, and dresses and dances she feels she will never truly be at home in this place and with these people. Will she ever be able to find her place in this new world?

I thought this story was a lovely end to the Ballantyne Legacy. I would definitely recommend reading the first two books in the series though. It had been a while since I read the second one and I kind of wish I had gone back and re-read it before I started this one, because there is a lot of background history that helps to fill out the story. I have truly enjoyed following this family and I love that you get to see how everyone from past stories are doing. If you like historical fiction - this is a series for you!

Thank you to Revell Publishers for a free copy of this book to review.

Just for fun, instead of posting a picture of the cover like normal - I saw this on YouTube and thought it was so cool - how the cover art for the book was done :-)

No comments: