Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Book Review: Laugh Out Loud Pocket Doodles for Boys by Rob Elliott

First thing: If you give anything "pocket sized" to boys, they WILL lose it. So while this book review
was due in June (gulp - two months late), I would like to take this moment to maturely point my finger at my children and blame them.
Ok, now that we have that cleared up...We have a few other joke books by Rob Elliott and while my boys loved them, for some reason, this one did not appeal to them as much. I thought it was weird because my oldest especially enjoys drawing and jokes, but did not seem especially interested in this. Some of the jokes were a little over their heads (they are 8 and 6) but not all of them.
Each page has a joke and then half a drawing that matches the joke and the kids can doodle and draw the other half of the picture.
I will say that I like the size because I can see this coming in handy at restaurants and other places I need a quiet activity for them to do. So while they cannot keep track of small things, it will fit perfectly into my purse and I'm sure they will be thankful for something fun to do during boring moments! So while I'm sad they didn't take to it right away, I'm sure they will appreciate it in the future!

Thank you to Revell Publishing for a free copy of this book to read and review.

No comments: