Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Book Review: Trial Run by Thomas Locke

This is not the normal kind of book I read, but I thought I would give it a try. It has a pretty complicated plot and so instead of me summarizing it, I thought I would just copy the inside flap on the dust cover :-)

"Dr. Gabriella Speciale has assembled an international team of elite scientists with one goal in mind - to create and control out-of-body experiences that transcend the limits of time and space. Reese Clawson's mind bending experiments aim to explode the boundaries of human consciousness - and annihilate the opposition in the process.
When a terrifying discovery and a string of failed tests threaten to dismantle both programs, the key to survival may reside in the mind of a gifted grad student whose unsettling dreams have thrust him into the center of a dangerous battle for control.
As the threads of perception and reality become tangled and time itself twists in unexpected directions, one warning remains clear: what you don't know can kill you."

Though, as I said, this is not the type of book I would usually pick up, I did enjoy it. It is slow moving and takes a while to get into. Usually I finish a story in one, maybe two days, but this one took a week or so for me to finish it. Partly because you really have to pay attention to the plot and not skim or you could miss an important detail. It is the fist book in the "Fault Lines" series, and I do plan on reading the next in the series when it comes out. Gotta love a good cliff hanger ;-)

Thank you to Revell Publishing for a free copy of this book to read and review.

No comments: