Monday, April 04, 2011

Book Review: Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones

Lucy has come back to South Carolina to make a difference in her world, despite the fact that she spent her young adult life being sneered at by the socially elite. She works tirelessly to help girls who age out of the foster system have a chance at life and things seem to be going well. Then she gets the news that a major source of funding is being cut and once again, Lucy has to face the same people who shunned her to find hope for her girls again.

Alex on the other hand has it all, money, fame and now a chance to be in congress. But his race is not going well and he needs help from an unlikely source...Lucy.

When Alex asks Lucy to pose as his fiancee until the election in return for the funding she needs to keep the doors open on her ministry, Lucy doesn't realize her life is about to change in a HUGE way!

I thought this was such a great read! I love the great sense of humor that the author has, and found myself laughing out loud many times. I also really enjoyed the godly perspective on their struggles that the story presents. It was funny, romantic, and challenging - I've already read it twice since I got it :-) Two thumbs up from me!

Thanks to Thomas Nelson Publishing House for a free copy of this book to review.

No comments: