Saturday, January 21, 2012

Book Review: Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey

The year is 1944 and France is so close to being free from German rule.  But as France is busy fighting, some Nazis are planning ways to get out of the net that is closing around them. Art-lover, and second in command of the Nazi army, Hermann Goring, has hatched a brilliant plan - steal the Mona Lisa and use her as a bargaining chip to escape the doom that is sure to come.
Lucky for the Venetian Lady, there are people who are willing to put everything on the line to see her safe and sound in the new, free, France. But can they get there in time to save her?

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in this read. It wasn't awful, but it did not draw me in the way I was hoping. It was a great idea for a story line, but I think they took too long to get into the main plot. It was probably about a third of the way into the book before the Mona Lisa was really even mentioned. I know the authors wanted to make it true to fact and history, but I think there were almost too many details to keep my attention. I also felt there were a few too many sub-plots going on and a few references to a former book that seemed a little awkward having not read the previous book.  It was just an ok read, unfortunately.

Even though it wasn't my favorite book, I want to thank Revell Publishers for a free copy of this book to review.

No comments: