Saturday, October 13, 2012

Book Review: When a Heart Stops by Lynette Eason

Serena Hopkins in a medical examiner who is used to looking at death objectively. But when she starts recognizing victims, things get a lot more personal, especially when she could be the next body! Working along side her childhood crush, Dominic Allen, is just as unnerving. When it seems that someone is very intent on getting to Serena, she must decide if the secret she has been keeping is worth risking her life, or if she should share it with Dominic before she runs out of time.

I have been looking forward to this book coming out since I read the first book in the Deadly Reunions Series.  Generally when you read suspense books, even in a series, things tend to resolve within that book and the next focuses on a new character and story line. What I really enjoy about these stories is that while each book does focus on a different character, the stories are connected. I like that when I finish this book, I still don't know the ending and I am already looking forward to the last book in the series - I can't wait to see this mystery unravel.

Thank you so much to Revell Publishing for a free copy of this book to review.

Available October 2012  at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments: